Global Sisters exists to make business possible for women, enabling them to be financially resilient and stand tall. We provide a genuine alternative for women who are unable to participate in mainstream employment or access decent, sustainable work. By removing the structural and systemic barriers they commonly face, we make self-employment a viable option for women.
We enable access for Sisters nationwide via a place-based program in Regional Hubs and a digital, remote access program for Air Sisters. Importantly, we do not do this alone. We are part of an ecosystem of support for female entrepreneurs, and connection & community is core to our mission.
Our innovative approach:
- Supports women from the earliest stage of business ideation, even when business may not have been considered an option
- provides long-term, end-to-end support, backing Sisters as the ideate, launch and grow their business
- enables accessibility and builds capacity to effectively utilise our ‘roadmap’ of support
- recognises there is not a level playing field, and addresses the multiple systemic and personal barriers women face to make participation, access and business growth possible
- connects and builds bridges: we create a ‘place at the table’ and a pipeline of new businesses to the mainstream startup support ecosystem.
We back our Sisters through a roadmap of programs, connected to business launch and development milestones. There are three stages of support over the 3+ year roadmap:
- Educate: Business idea generation and foundational business education to support Sisters to launch their business
- Incubate support including business development education, tools, networks, coaching and microfinance to help Sisters gain momentum in their business
- Accelerate support that includes business growth education, tools, networks, coaching and microfinance to enable Sisters to grow their business.