In the news…
“Our welfare system has lost its humanity.” The alarming reality of the federal budget for single mums.
The Morrison government’s 2019 Budget has been criticised for making life harder for those already doing it tough.
“Families face cost of living pressures. And every one of us wants to see wages growing faster. But let me be clear: the answer to these challenges is not higher taxes. The answer is a stronger and more competitive economy, with lower taxes and more jobs,” said Treasurer Josh Frydenberg.
The real impact of this budget will see single mothers, women over 50, and women already financially marginalised, worse off than ever.
- Global Sisters (GS) was founded in 2013 by Mandy Richards, who is based in Sydney.
- Our key supporters include the Citi Foundation, Myer Store, Department of Social Services and the Snow Foundation
- Our pro bono and low bono partners are Minter Ellison Law Firm, DPR Accountants, DDI Creative, Mahlab Media, AMBS (Website Development), HUB Australia, myEd, Evil Twin PR and LollyPotz.
- In the last two years, GS received 2000+ hours of pro bono support from our legal, accounting, audit, design, branding and photography partners valued at over $200,000.
- We currently have a team of sixteen (16) people across NSW, ACT, Victoria and the Philippines.