In the news…
10 Australian Women pitch for Economic Equality
National NFP, Global Sisters is supporting 10 Australian women who will pitch for far more than business support at the national Sister Pitch in Melbourne today.
CEO Mandy Richards says “these women are incredible. Like so many others, they’ve found themselves in a life circumstance that prevents them from accessing decent mainstream employment. But their resilience, experience, skills and knowledge are perfectly suited to self-employment and so, through our fully subsidised education programs Global Sisters has assisted these women, and hundreds like them, to create and start their own business. This pitch is a celebration of their journey, as well as an opportunity for the business community to come together and rally support to further propel them forward.”
The women will pitch for business opportunities and specific support as they strive for economic equality and the flow on effects to their families and communities.
- Global Sisters (GS) was founded in 2013 by Mandy Richards, who is based in Sydney.
- Our key supporters include ECSTRA, LaunchVic, AMP Foundation, Department of Social Services and the Snow Foundation
- Our pro bono partners are Minter Ellison and Infinium Advisory.
- In the last 4 years our Sisters have received over $1.5m of external pro-bono support from amazing partners and supporters.
- We currently have a team of sixteen (16) people across NSW, ACT, Victoria and QLD.