“To turn caring into action, We need to see a problem, find a solution, and deliver impact”
Bill Gates, The Bill Gates Foundation
What does financial independence through self-employment look like?
- Improved income and financial stability, free from welfare.
- The ability to make positive choices for herself and her family
- Greater self-esteem, enabling them to “stand tall” within their community
- The courage to plan for the future and lead others
How will the Global Sisters ripple effect positively impact more than 1 million people?
- She will be able to provide for her family
- She will be a role model as a business woman for her family and community
- She will mentor and support other Sisters
- She will act as a community leader and a social change agent
- She will potentially provide employment opportunities in her community
We’re tracking and measuring our impact over time using a system called Social Performance Management (SPM). Measurable data is vitally important to keeping us on track to achieve our impact goals. Our first impact report will be released in November 2016.
While we measurable data is critical for achieving our goals, we also strongly believe in the power of story-telling. Our Sisters’ stories inspire and teach other Sisters while connecting our supporters to the change that is occurring. We’ll continue to tell the stories of our Sisters as they grow their business and change their lives for the better.