Anya is the co-founder | creative & managing director of Anthill, a social and cultural enterprise in the Philippines working to preserve local weaves and support livelihood through contemporary and circular design. Anya lives in Cebu and has been immersed in community development and indigenous communities throughout her life.
“I feel most alive being on field work and bearing witness to cultural stories and the dynamism diversity brings in every place and partner I visit”.
Anthill & their goals Anthill celebrates Filipino identity through heart-woven cloth, transforming traditional weaves into contemporary and zero waste fabrics, apparel and accessories. Anthill is working to preserve weaving traditions and artisan skills through sustainable livelihoods– and bring these woven textiles to the world.
How you can help
- Corporate social procurement
- Collaborations with Australian brands and designers to innovate and support traditional weaving skills for a modern aesthetic
- Long term contracts and volume wholesale orders with Australian fashion and homewares businesses
- Introductions to new potential stockists
- Shop at Australian stockists: Frankie General Store (@frankiegeneralstore.au)